Location: Transportation Department
Temporary, hourly; up to 19 hours available (intermittent).
Job Summary: To transport students to and from the University and other sites within designated route(s) and to ensure the safety of the student passengers while in a University vehicle. This job class is responsible for the safe operation of a University vehicle and for ensuring the safety of student passengers while meeting established schedules.
- Drives University vehicles within a prescribed route(s) in accordance with time schedules.
- Conduct safety and operational inspection of assigned vehicle daily.
- Reports needed mechanical repairs when necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle to ensure safe operating condition on long trips.
- Must have a Class D Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a drug screen.
- Possession of a safe driving record.
- Ability to read and write at level necessary to successfully perform the required duties.
- Ability to understand and carry out both oral and written instructions in an independent manner.
- Ability to drive a vehicle safely and efficiently.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and extreme caution while driving.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required duties.
Education: High school diploma
Experience: Able to drive a 12-passenger van or smaller
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting for long periods of time, pulling, standing, lifting. May require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Working Conditions: Willing to load and unload vehicle in hot or cold conditions.