Location: Landscape Services
Hours: Full-time, hourly
Pay: $19.45 - $25.29/hr.
JOB SUMMARY: The Landscape Supervisor role blends leadership with hands-on work. This position is directly and actively involved in the daily tasks of maintaining, crafting, and enhancing the beauty and functionality of campus, fostering a welcoming space for everyone while utilizing resources effectively. Using landscape best practices, the Landscape Supervisor will lead by example, mentor, and train Landscape Student Workers in upholding a picturesque and inviting environment for students, staff, and visitors while promoting an appreciation for the value of hands-on work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains campus plant beds through pruning, chemical weed control, watering, mulching, and cleanup.
- Works on landscape plant installations and landscape construction projects.
- Collaborates with team leads on lawn mowing and cleanup tasks.
- Demonstrates proficiency with pruning and mowing equipment and techniques.
- Applies basic chemical weed control methods.
- Oversees student teams during landscape maintenance projects.
- Assists with the department’s daily task assignments.
- Provides positive Christian leadership and guidance to academy and university student workers.
- Regularly communicates with the Landscape Services Director regarding departmental requirements, including task allocations and equipment maintenance.
- Adheres to and implements applicable government regulations, such as OSHA, RIGHT TO KNOW, ADA, etc.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other departments, recognizing the established authority lines to ensure smooth campus operations.
- Performs additional duties relevant to the role as directed by the Landscape Services Director
- Proficient in various landscape pruning methods, plant setup, and upkeep.
- Familiar with mowing equipment and its proper techniques.
- Capable of overseeing student teams.
- Physical capacity to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Education: A minimum of an associate’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Hands-on experience in landscape installation and plant care.
- Strong communication skills, with a history of effectively supervising team members.
- Prior experience in both private and institutional landscape settings is preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have an expressed commitment to Jesus Christ, the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and be an SDA church member in good and regular standing.